So happy to connect with you all! This week we are covering Ayurveda 101
What is Ayurveda the Life Science and manual for Conscious Living:
Ayurveda is a healing system that originated over 5,000-year-ago in ancient India. “The word Ayurveda is derived from Sanskrit meaning “life,” and “wisdom” or “science.” Ayurveda is the science of life, and it provides abundant perspective and practical tools for leading a long, balanced, healthy life. Ayurveda is a consciousness-based approach to health and healing, and its purpose is to help us return to our natural state of health, balance, and wholeness. Ayurveda not only enhances our health but creates a state of expanded consciousness or awareness that opens us to, well-being, creativity, and joy.
This mind- Body- Spirit medicine addresses the whole of our being rather than a symptom.
Ayurveda is sometimes called the manual for conscious living as it guides us to make everyday decisions that restore our own natural state of balance and overall health.
Benefits of Ayurveda:
- Current scientific research validates Ayurvedic techniques.
- Ayurvedic techniques can change gene expression to promote healing, self-regulation, and homeostasis (balance)
- Three studies conducted at the Chopra Center’s Perfect Health program and the Seduction of Spirit programs reported:
- Anxiety reduction
- Sustained increases in psychological well-being
- Decrease in chemicals that may increase the risk of heart disease.
Wishing you all the best!